Mobile applications have become a part of day-to-day life. There is no doubt that people depend on mobile apps for on-demand services. Do you hear about a laundry service app? It facilitates people to invest their valuable time in work/family/friends instead of spending time in the household laundry.
Recent statistics show that nearly 63% of the couples in the USA were a dual-career couple and so they don’t find enough time. In such circumstances, the on-demand laundry service like Cleanly comes into play. As an entrepreneur, if you are thinking about launching an on-demand laundry service app, this blog will guide you to shape your business idea and implement your vision into reality with the clone script.
Market Statistics & Future Scope of the On-Demand Laundry Market
First, let’s see the statistics and future scope of the online on-demand laundry service market.
- According to Statista, the online on-demand laundry market’s net worth will reach $96 billion by 2024.
- In the United States, the revenue of the laundry services might reach $7660 million by 2022, according to Statista.
- According to Research and Markets, the laundry market’s annual growth rate is 36.54% from 2017 to 2021. Also, it is projected to reach $96,155 million by 2024.
- The revenue generation in 2023 would reach $4582 million by 2023, according to Statista.
- In 2020, the online on-demand laundry service industry’s revenue of the top most five countries are US $12,888 million (United States), US $10,498 million (China), US $ 4,132 million (India), US $3,520 million (Japan), and US $3,280 million (Brazil) respectively.
The above statistics show that the online laundry service industry’s growth has surged considerably and is expected to grow further in upcoming years.
The Backstory Of The Cleanly App,
Why prefer a similar app like Cleanly for your business? It’s because Cleanly is one of the most popular on-demand dry cleaning and laundry services apps. Its revenue generation is $2 million per year, competing with other apps like Rinse and FlyCleaners.
In 2014, Cleanly was founded by Chen Atlas, Itay Forer, and Tom Harari. The online on-demand laundry service concept gets attention from the Y Combinator and secured funding of $2.25 million. Later, it was merged with NextCleaners and formed a new company named ByNext. As of now, it claims to be the largest one in New York and owns popularity in this short duration. The main reason behind the cleanly app’s success is people have been shifting towards mobile apps for availing almost every service, including laundry and dry cleaning.
It is very clear that the idea of making an app like Cleanly is the right choice now. Before you develop the Cleanly like app, it is mandatory to understand the laundry app’s business model and the working model of the Cleanly app.
Common Business Models Of The On-Demand Laundry App
If you are a start-up trying to figure out the laundry app development process, let me discuss the standard business models.
In-site business model
This is a traditional business approach in which a customer has to drop off their clothes at the laundry station and specify the necessary details on the laundry app. They can prefer cash or cashless payment at their convenience. After the laundry service gets over, they have to collect the clothes from the laundry store.
On-site business model
This model suits business people who are already in the laundry business. They have to consider developing the laundry app for their existing business. In this, customers do not have to visit the laundry store; instead, the laundry clothes will be delivered to their doorstep.
Cleanly follows this business model and it seems to be the most efficient one. The app owner may or may not be involved in the business directly. They give laundry service providers an opportunity so that it is easy for the service provider and customer to connect via the app. The laundry service provider has to pay the app owner a certain amount of money as a commission for every laundry order they receive via the app.
How Does The Cleanly Clone App Works?
It is obvious that choosing the Aggregate business model is efficient and profitable. You have to decide the functionality before the Cleanly clone app development. The Cleanly like app’s workflow is described in steps here.
The customers have to install the app from the Google Play Store or App Store and proceed with the on-prompt steps for registration.
They can place an order for the laundry service and schedule a pick-up time according to their convenience. They have the option to pay using cash or prefer online payment.
The delivery person will go to the customer’s location, pick up the clothes, and deliver it to the laundry store.
The staff in the laundry store takes the clothes and washes them. After that, they dry and iron clothes.
Lastly, the delivery person will deliver the clothes to the customer.
Key Features Of The Cleanly Clone App
When incorporating a feature-set into the laundry app like Cleanly, you have to think from the user’s point of view. So, you will not opt-out of any essential features. Below are the key features of the Cleanly clone app.
- The Online Order Requesting feature will allow the customers to send an order request for the laundry service with ease. Make sure to include the in-app tutorial for the same for first-time app users.
- Customers can schedule the pick-up and delivery timings using the Convenient Pick-up and Delivery Scheduling feature.
- You can facilitate the customers to track their order status with the Real-time Order Tracking feature.
Delivery agent app
- The Profile Management feature will let the delivery person manage their profile in the app. They can even check the reviews and ratings given by the customers for their service.
- The Shortest Route Tracking feature will enable the delivery person to know the shortest route while delivering the laundry to the customers.
- The delivery person can have the details of the completed order with the help of the Delivery History feature.
Store manager app
- The store manager can send a notification regarding the discounts and offers using the Push Notification feature.
- The Reports feature will allow the store manager to track the sales, expenses, and ROI.
- They can answer the queries or doubts raised by the customers using the Help and Support feature. Offering 24*7 customer support is an added advantage.
- The admin can include any new services in the app and change the laundry service cost at any time with the help of the Cost Management feature.
- Using the Analytics report, the admin can analyze the data of their business sales. By doing so, they can improve the business process hassle-free.
- They can manage all the laundry stores registered with the app using the Multiple Store Management feature. They can compare the revenue generation by the stores.
How Much Does it Cost to Develop an On-Demand Laundry App Like Cleanly?
You have to analyze the cost to develop the Cleanly like app before you kickstart your laundry service business. Generally, making the app from scratch consumes more time and requires more money. On the counter side, preferring the Cleanly clone script is advantageous as its time frame is less and cost-effective. You can launch the Cleanly app clone in the twinkling of an eye.
As we conclude, the Cleanly clone script is the preferable choice if you are planning to create a similar app like Cleanly at an affordable cost. At UberLikeApp, we empower you to launch your app that has been customized depending on your business needs.