At the onset of the global pandemic, every business is taking a new step as people are finding a way to buy products without going out of their homes. One such promising niche is alcohol delivery. A perfect example is Drizly which is also known as Amazon for liquor.
Such apps offer a wide range of beverages to the users as they can choose them and confirm the order via the app. One advantage they gain is getting liquor at a reasonable price. This is because people started to use the app. If you are interested in developing the Drizly Clone app, read the full blog to get insights.
Is It A Profitable Choice To Invest In The Drizly Clone App Development?
Drizly is a Boston-based liquor delivery app that was founded in 2012. The annual revenue of Drizly is nearly $77.5 million per year and its total funding is $119.6 million. It is available in 180 United States markets. This app connects the local liquor stores and customers in which customers can purchase alcoholic beverages and get them delivered to their homes.
Let’s explore the trends and statistics of the on-demand alcohol market.
- As of March 2020, online booze sales have grown by 243%. When compared to the past few years, the sales of tequila, wine, and beer have surged.
- In 2017, the on-demand alcohol delivery market’s net value was $1439 billion and its value is projected to reach $1684 billion by 2025.
- According to IBISWorld, the worth of the online alcohol market in the United States is $983 million.
Undoubtedly, the alcohol delivery app’s demand surged during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Moreover, wine delivery is legalized in almost all states. Therefore, entering the on-demand alcohol delivery market with the Drizly Clone app is quite a profitable choice.
Key Features To Consider While Developing A Drizly Clone App
Features will set your app apart from your rivals. So, providing a unique environment to the customers significantly positively impacts your business. The following are the key features that need to be included in the Drizly Clone app.
- Each user has to create an account and log in to the app using credentials.
- Users can find alcoholic beverages with filters on the basis of type, brand name, price, and so on.
- Using the cost calculator feature, users can compare the price of the drinks at different stores. This helps them to shop at the stores that match their budget.
- Apart from getting an order delivered instantly, users can even schedule a delivery according to convenience by specifying the date and time.
- For age verification, users have to upload necessary documents like a driver license.
- Real-time order tracking enables the users to check the live status of the order.
- In case of any inconvenience, users can contact the support team using the in-app call feature.
- Sending alerts regarding the order status update via push notifications helps to increase user engagement.
Different Business Models Of An On-Demand Alcohol Delivery App
On-demand alcohol delivery apps have turned out to be a great opportunity for the liquor retailer as they can reach a large customer base. Standard business models to consider during app development are as follows.
Aggregated Business Model
This model connects the alcohol dealers with the customers. You can provide access to the alcohol dealers so that they can list their products in the app. Also, they can promote their product while customers search for a particular product. Simply, you have to invest only in the alcohol delivery app.
Marketplace Business Model
It is like an online platform in which alcohol dealers can sell their products only after registration. Despite this, they have to manage the operations like liquor delivery, inventory checking, and deals/offers.
Dedicated Business Model
This business model enables you and the alcohol dealers to manage the inventories and deals. Besides, you have access to perform remaining operations like managing the delivery reports, reviews, and many more.
How Does The On-Demand Liquor Delivery App Like Drizly Work?
Drizly’s model focuses on offering a wide range of beverages to a large customer base at affordable prices. Let’s see how an on-demand liquor delivery app like Drizly works. The working procedure is the same for both Android and iOS.
- Customers have to download and install the app on their smartphone.
- Upon registration, they have to specify their location. Or else, they can give access to automatically detect the current location.
- After that, the customer can select a beer, wine, or liquor from the available products list. As soon as they confirm the order, the notification will be sent to Drizly’s store partner.
- The store partner will prepare the order, pack it, and hand it over to the delivery person.
- Once the packed order is out for delivery, the app will send the order status to the customer.
- The delivery person will deliver the order to the customer on time.
How To Monetize From A Drizly Like App?
You have to get a license before starting to develop an alcohol ecommerce platform like Drizly. The sale of alcoholic beverages like beer and wine without a license is illegal. Drizly’s revenue is the same as its business model. Let’s see the possible ways to monetize the Drizly like app.
Commission Based Revenue Model
It is a common and effective way to generate revenue from the delivery app. In addition, you can charge a certain percentage of the penny as a commission fee from the alcohol stores on each order.
In-app Advertising-Based Revenue Model
You can allow other relevant businesses to advertise their products in your app. In exchange, you can get a fixed percentage of the amount. Or else, charge them according to the number of impressions, views, or clicks.
Featured Listing Based Revenue Model
As various alcohol stores are registered with your app, you can charge an extra penny from the store that wants to be listed on the top slot.
eStore Commission-Base Revenue Model
You can expand the offerings in your app. It includes selling beer mugs, wine, whiskey glasses, and other similar products.
How To Estimate The Cost Of Developing An Alcohol Delivery App Like Drizly?
There are several factors that affect the cost of developing an alcohol delivery app like Drizly. Mainly, it relies on your requirements and needs. The features to be added to your app will have a direct impact on the cost structure. The cost will elevate when you add various features. Also, the technology stack used for app development will play a vital role in determining the cost.
The selection of the platform to launch your app will contribute to the cost. It is your choice to launch it on iOS, Android, or both. Creating a simple and attractive design is necessary as this allows the customers to navigate through various features hassle-free.
Most importantly, the geolocation of the app developers/app development company affects the app development cost. For instance, Indian and European based companies will charge more compared to the US based companies.
Choose The Right Technology Partner For On-Demand Alcohol Delivery App Development
It is easy to develop a Drizly liquor store app when you partner with a suitable app development company. There are two different possible ways in which an app is developed.
The first approach is creating an app from the ground, which is time-consuming and requires considerable investment.
The second approach is getting the Drizly Clone app that can be modified according to your requirements.
We, at UberLikeApp, proffer the robust Drizly Clone app, which is 100% customizable, white-label, and customizable. Feel free to contact us for on-demand alcohol delivery app development.
On-demand alcohol delivery is the lucrative sector that will continue to boom even after the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, it is golden time for you to set foot into the lucrative sector with a best-in-class Drizly Clone app.