One of the most popular ways to build a taxi booking app is to build a Uber clone app because of the similarity in the business process and basic strategy. One of the main reasons behind the success of the company is its business model that offers efficient and economical transportation to the common people. According to the reports, Uber has earned over $10 billion in revenue by the end of 2018. The company was rated as the second most disruptive innovative company across the world.
Uber is the most popular on-demand taxi business in the world as it is present in 600 cities across 65 countries. Despite the heavy competition from other taxi booking apps from various parts of the world, Uber still holds the top position in the ride-sharing market. Uber app is a boon for people living in cities with heavy traffic and lack of parking space. The high demand for personal car rides and faster transit has made entrepreneurs optimize the Uber app to meet the needs of modern customers. Several entrepreneurs have started to heat up thr market with their app and keep looking for opportunities to grab the top position of the Uber.
What comes loaded with the Uber clone script package:
Your on-demand taxi booking business will have two primary apps. The first one will be a driver app that is designed for drivers partnering with your company and the second one will be a passenger app which is meant for the customers to book their rides and to manage their profile. Apart from that, you will also be given a powerful admin panel to maintain the business operations and functionalities.
Basic features in the driver’s app:
- Driver reports.
- Advanced route optimization.
- Personal profile editing.
- ‘Active/inactive’ feature for drivers.
- Calling passengers from the app.
- Generate daily and monthly reports.
Advanced features in the driver’s app:
- Driver destination.
- Heat maps.
- Free cancellation without any charges.
Basic features in the passenger’s app:
- Geolocation and routing.
- Multiple payment methods.
- In-app wallet.
- Call or text drivers directly from the app.
- Push notifications.
- Ride cost estimation.
- Top-notch UI and UX design.
Advanced features in the passenger’s app:
- Schedule a ride in advance.
- Book a ride for others.
- Ridesharing features (splitting fare with others).
The Admin panel gives the ultimate control over the drivers’ process and keeps track of the customers’ bookings. This web-based admin panel is a central control point which can be used to manage customer, drivers, orders, locations, payments, payouts, and other operations. The following are the set of features that are necessary to run the app efficiently
- Notifications management
- System content management & faq
- Promotions & discounts management
- Driver & user support
- Integration with google analytics
- Locations & fares management
- Driver & user management
- Booking management
- Vehicle management
- Review driver’s orders & payoffs
- Vehicle management
- Review driver’s orders & payoffs
Technologies used to build an app like Uber:
Here are some insights into the technical aspects of the Uber like app. Thy key technology that is used in these apps is Geolocation as these apps heavily rely on maps and navigation for operations such as,
- Identifying the location of a user using Location APIs on Android and CoreLocation framework for iOS.
- Offering turn by turn navigation to the driver with Google maps API on Android and Mapkit for iOS.
- Integration of the respective versions of Google maps on Android and iOS can be effective than buying mapping software from others as it will be helpful in offering navigation from point A to point B.
- Push notifications play a major role in communicating with customers. The best part is that it does not require an internet connection. Essential notifications such as acceptance by a driver, ride cancellation, invoice, etc., is a good option to offer a better experience for the users.
- Apple’s push notification service and Android’s Google cloud messaging (GCM) can be useful to send push notifications to the customers.
Tips to compete with other competitors in the industry:
Unique value proposition:
These apps offer more visibility to your business in a broader way and increase the overall revenue of the company. There is a direct correlation between the success of an app and the end users’ satisfaction. There are numerous ways to offer unique value propositions to both drivers and passengers.
Passenger centric propositions:
- They can track the live location of the driver on their app.
- They will get discounts or free rides occasionally or on some festive seasons.
- They can make use of the fixed price policy for popular destinations such as airports, theme parks, etc.
- Secured payment gateway to make transactions safer and more convenient.
- Cost estimations for every ride.
Driver centric propositions:
- Most likely to earn more if they ride during peak hours or by midnight.
- They will get insurance coverage exclusively.
- Drivers can easily register on the application with a few simple steps.
- The drivers can work in the hours in which they feel comfortable.
Expand your business to a new level:
An on-demand taxi booking app offers more opportunities to take your business to the next level and to increase the reputation of your brand.
Leveraging automation and reducing the costs:
The integration of the latest technologies can help with reducing the estimated time of arrival and helps to serve customers better.
Review and feedback:
The ratings and reviews from the users will be extremely helpful to improve your services and learn more about what people need.
How are white label taxi booking apps built?
- One of the most common ways to build a white-label app is to use the back end of the app that operates in the same business model and making changes in the frontend of the application to offer a different experience for the users and to improvise the visual details.
- The other way to build a white-label app is to keep each app’s instance in the same way but alter them with a different set of features. The mechanism is popularly known as software as a service(SaaS).
White label taxi booking apps will be generally offered in a package that contains a driver app, passenger app, and an admin panel, Make sure that your package has the following key features to stay on the safer side.
- Digital wallet
- Cloud hosting
- Web admin panel
- Booking history
- Google maps integration
- Analytics and reporting tools
- Front end customization
- Support for major payment gateways
- SOS support for drivers and passengers
Benefits of having a white-label taxi booking application:
One of the main reasons why people prefer on-demand services is its speed. People will be disappointed if their services are not on time. Not every business in the market offer on-time service, so if you are quick enough to capture your loyal fans then you will have a long run in the market. Entrepreneurs prefer clone apps because of their flexibility to customize and low cost. These apps offer the right opportunity for entrepreneurs to offer exclusive features in their application at a low cost.
In a nutshell:
Although the market is filled with taxi booking services, there still plenty of space for your business to prosper. If you focus on working towards the goal of offering the best services for your customers and integrating unique features into your application which will make lives easier for the customers, then your business will yield high profits in the long run.